15 hour FEEE for 3 to 4 year olds
What are 15 hour FEEE for 3 to 4 year old places?
The Government pays for all 3 to 4 year olds to have 570 hours of early years education a year: the Free Early Education Entitlement.
How do Church Hill and Low Hall offer the 15 hour FEEE for 3 to 4 year olds?
15 x 38 = 570, and school term time is 38 weeks per year, so we provide these hours as 15 hours each week during school term time, Monday to Friday, as either:
- 5 x 3-hour morning sessions, from 9am to
- 12 noon, or
- 5 x 3-hour afternoon sessions, from 1pm to 3pm at Church Hill and 12.45pm to 3.45pm at Low Hall.
When do children start Church Hill and Low Hall?
The majority of children start the September after their 3rd birthday, and leave the July before they start primary school.
When and how can I put my child on the Waiting List?
When will we find out if we have a place?
We write to all the families on our waiting list just after the Easter before your child is due to start in September. We ask:
- If you still want a place at our school
- If you prefer a morning or an afternoon place
- If you are eligible for 30 hour FEEE funding
- If you would like any long days (8am to 4pm at Church Hill, 8am to 3.45pm at Low Hall), year round or term-time (minimum 2 days per week)
- If you would like any full days (8am to 6pm) year round or term-time (minimum 2 days per week)
Please write back quickly.
How do you allocate places?
If there are enough spaces for all the children on the Waiting List who still want a place, we give them all places.
If there are not enough spaces to admit all of them, we will give priority to children:
- who are in public care or are fostered under an arrangement made by the Local Authority
- with known disabilities, additional needs, or social problems (referred from another agency)
- who are the oldest and who are living closest to the Nursery Schools
- who are not attending another early years setting
- who have siblings who used to come to the Nursery Schools
- whose parent(s) work at state-funded schools within half a mile of each school
- who have turned three while attending as 2 Year olds
- who receive Free Early Education Entitlement (FEEE) for 2 year olds funding or Early Years Pupil Premium (EYPP) .
How do I know if my child has a place?
When we have gone through the alloaction procedure we will call everyone on the list. If you have a place we will arrange for you and your child to start Settling In.