Free 15 hours for all 3 to 4 year olds
What is on offer for all 3 to 4 year olds?
The government pays for all 3 to 4 year old children to have 15 hours of free early education every week in school term time.
How do Church Hill and Low Hall offer the free 15 hours for 3 to 4 year olds?
We provide these as either:
- 5 x 3-hour morning sessions, 9am to 12 noon, or
- 5 x 3-hour afternoon sessions, 1pm to 3pm at Church Hill and 12.45pm to 3.45pm at Low Hall.
When do children start Church Hill and Low Hall?
The majority of children start the September after their 3rd birthday, and leave the July before they start primary school.
When and how can I put my child on the Waiting List?
When will we find out if we have a place?
We contact all the families on our waiting list in the April before your child is due to start in September. We ask:
1. If you still want a place at our school
2. If you prefer a morning or an afternoon place
3. If you are eligible for 30 hour funding for 3 and 4 year olds
4. If you would like to pay for additional Daycare hours, a minimum of 2 days per week:
- term-time long days, 8am to 4pm or
- term-time full days, 8am to 6pm or
- year-round full days, 8am to 6pm
5. If you would like to pay for Breakfast or Teatime Club in term time, a minimum of 2 days per week.
Please write back quickly.
How do you allocate places?
If there are not enough spaces to admit all of the children on the Waiting List who want a place we will give priority to children:
- who are in public care or are fostered under an arrangement made by the Local Authority
- with known disabilities, additional needs, or social problems (referred from another agency)
- who are the oldest and who are living closest to the Nursery Schools
- who are not attending another early years setting
- who have siblings who used to come to the Nursery Schools
- whose parent(s) work at state-funded schools within half a mile of each school
- who have turned three while attending as 2 Year olds
- who receive Free Early Education Entitlement (FEEE) for 2 year olds funding or Early Years Pupil Premium (EYPP) .
How do I know if my child has a place?
When we have gone through the allocation procedure we will call everyone on the list. If you have a place we will arrange for you and your child to start Settling In.